- The Scott Universal Welder is an exciting new integrated solution that can be installed into existing welding cells with minimal modifications. The Universal Welder automates repetitive welding tasks using a safe and easy-to-program collaborative robot platform. The system has the ability to either teach the robot a welding routine via a hands-on interactive ‘lead through method’ or program it using the touchscreen tablet. Offering adjustable speed and flexible deployment the Scott Universal Welder is versatile, accurate and effective enough for custom or small template welding applications. Operators with no programming experience can easily operate the system by manually setting the arc points in free drive mode or selecting a previously stored set of weld points.
- and capital costs
- Labour and training cost reduction
- Improved weld quality and consistency
- Minimise post weld distortion
- Reduction in over welding and burn though on thin materials
- Reduce weld wire consumption through smaller and consistent sized welds
- Reduce gas consumption with faster travel speeds
- Increased welding productivity and manufacturing flexibility
- Improved quality of work for employees
- Improvements in OH&S issues with improved workplace health and safety
- 24/7 Service and support
- Proven solutions and expertise
Standard Universal Welding Systems include:
- Safety equipment (e-stop buttons / preset / reset function)
- Light curtain safety fence
- Safety PLC
- Teach the collaborative robot your welding routines via the “lead-through method” with a hands-on interactive approach; or alternately write programmatically on the PolyScope Touchscreen Tablet to follow precise straight lines and circular geometry.
- Simple welding parameter selection via digital interface, the welding power source digitally stores different weld schedules and can recall them for each weld routine.
- Easy to deploy and re-deploy when your production requirements change. Install into an existing welding bay instead of a dedicated safety cell
Fast set up
The average set-up time reported by our customers is only half a day. The out-of-box experience for an untrained operator to unpack the robot, mount it, and program the first simple task is typically less than an hour.
Don’t be limited by dedicated robotics. Collaborative robots are lightweight, space-saving, and easy to re-deploy to multiple applications without changing your production layout. Moving the robot to new processes is fast and easy, giving you the agility to automate almost any manual task, including those with small batches or fast change-overs. The robot is able to re-use programs for recurrent tasks.